There are many ways of cooking chicken with soy sauce. However, this Chinese-style recipe has its own specialty. Not only tasty, the ingredients and way of cooking are also ‘easy peasy’. Enjoy the tender texture of the chicken infused with the sweet and salty flavor of the sauce.
This meal is a perfect combo with a plate of warm rice. Delicious and you will definitely go for more. Other than rice, you can also turn it into a sizzling menu. Just add noodles and egg! Easy, right? So, let’s check out this recipe from Dr. Kamarul Ariffin.
Braised Chicken With Soy Sauce Recipe
- Half a chicken
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 or 3 stalks of scallions
- 3-inch ginger
- 10 shitake mushrooms
- 2 to 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Star anise, dried chilies and black pepper (Note: optional)
- First, fry the chicken that has been cut small until the outside looks a little brown with a little oil.
- Then, add the chopped garlic, sliced ginger and scallions.
- If you want a little spice and spicy taste, put star anise, dried chilies and black pepper to taste.
- Wait until the fresh aroma from the ingredients rises.
- Add the oyster sauce to enhance the taste. Next, add a bowl of water with sweet soy sauce.
- Then add the ingredient that completes the taste which is shitake mushrooms that have been cut according to the size that you like.
- Cover the pan and wait for up to 20-30 minutes over low heat. Add a little water for the simmering process if it turns out too dry.
- Finally, turn off the heat and ready to plate!
Source: Facebook Kamarul Ariffin
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi