Among many Malaysian traditional cakes that are still adored until now is the Honeycomb Cake. The uniqueness of this cake is not only depends on its appearance that resembles like the ants’ nest, but it’s also very delicious along with its chewy and soft texture when enter the mouth.
To get that perfect ‘ants’ nest’ look, try these 2 main tips; make sure the batter marinated for a long time and use the correct cutting technique. With this recipe, you will be guaranteed to have your own ideal Honeycomb Cake at home.
Classic Honeycomb Cake Recipe
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 3 tbsp of butter (melted)
- 4 nos eggs
- 3/4 cup of fresh milk
- 2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of essence vanilla
- While using medium heat, cook sugar castor until caramelize and pour in hot water. Add in butter and stir well until dissolved and set aside.
- Add in eggs, essence vanilla, fresh milk and caramelized sugar. Stir well.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well the batter.
- Pour in the batter into bread mold and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Bake at 170°c for 20-30 minutes.
- Take them out and cut the cake against the cake veins to get a beautiful ants nest.
- Classic Honeycomb Cake is ready to be served.
Note: The longer batter marinated, the more hallow forms.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi