Spiced chicken is a menu that is always a crowd favourite. It is a perfect pair with almost any dishes including a bowl of budget rice. The aroma is so irresistible especially when serving right away after you fried them. But, attempting your own spiced chicken is never easy, right?
Let’s try the following shared recipe from Miss Rohana Mat Ramli. The ingredients and steps are so easy. Amazingly, the taste is as good as the one you bought from a food stall!
Rice & Spiced Chicken Budget Recipe (For 4 whole chicken)
- A handful of dried chilli
- 10 stalks of lemongrass (roughly chopped)
- 2 whole garlic
- 3 whole onion
- 1 ginger
- 2 ladle of curry powder
- Turmeric or turmeric powder
- 1 small packet of corn flour
- Half of the coconut, grated (flavor and chicken crust enhancer)
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- Coriander, fennel seed and cumin (coarsely blend).
- Blend dried chilies, lemongrass, garlic, onion and galangal.
- Mix all the ingredients and marinate for a while (the longer the marinade, the tastier the dish).
- Make sure all the chicken is coated evenly.
- Heat up some cooking oil.
- Make sure the cooking oil has the appropriate amount to deep fry the chicken.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken one by one (don’t put too much chicken at once as the frying process will be difficult).
- When the chicken has changed color and brings out the spiced aroma, remove it from heat.
- Place the chicken onto a kitchen towel to absorb the oil.
- Enjoy your meal!
Source: Facebook Rohana Mat Ramli via Masak Apa Hari Ni.. (MAHN)
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi