Selambak Seafood is a dish that has become phenomenon, especially among seafood lovers. Various kinds of seafood coated with superb spicy sambal, alongside hot rice making it the most perfect match ever. The uniqueness of this dish actually lies in the way it is served. Whether at a restaurant or family gatherings, it is usually be poured on a plastic sheet or banana leaf. Some people love to mix it with the sambal while cooking so that it is coated evenly. However, you can also pour the sambal separately.
Believe it or not, this dish can be quite expensive. Therefore, how about make your own Selambak Seafood and decide which types of seafood that you desire. Plus, it is very compatible as one of the menus for the whole family! Follow this Homemade Selambak Seafood recipe now and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Homemade Selambak Seafood Recipe
- seafood (crabs, prawn, and clams)
- 2 carrots (cut)
- 1 broccoli (cut)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 whole lemon (optional)
- 2 corn (cut into 3)
Ingredients (Selambak Seafood’s Broth)
- 2 whole onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 inch of shrimp paste
- 1 cup of water
- 5 bird’s eye chili
- 2 stalks lemongrass (bruised)
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 3 tbsp of chili paste
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of chili sauce
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 3 tbsp of fish curry powder
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- Blend some onion, garlic, ginger, birds’ eye chili, and shrimp paste with some water until smooth. Set aside.
- Boil vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and corn until soft. Set aside.
- Using the same boiled water, boil crabs, shrimps, and clams. Reserve 3 cups of the stock. Set aside.
- Melt butter and saute bruised lemongrass, curry leaves, ground material, and chili paste until oil break.
- Add in fish curry powder, chili sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Pour in stock and season with salt, black pepper, and chicken stock powder to taste.
- Cook until simmer and bubbling.
- Arrange boiled vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and seafood on the tray and pour the sauce on top.
- Squeezed lemon and Homemade ‘Selambak Seafood’ is ready to be served with hot rice.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi