Reaching the end of first week Syawal and you still have lots of Ketupat leftover? Chill out! Today, we are sharing an amazing recipe of Soto Jawa by Mrs. Rose.
READ: Homemade Viral Japanese Spicy Soup Oden Recipe, As Easy As 1,2,3
Complete with Bergedil and rich gravy, this is a perfect dish for a whole family. Serve with some spicy soy sauce for an extra kick! Most importantly, do not add more waste from Raya leftovers!
Soto Jawa Recipe
Ingredients: Chicken Soup
- 1 whole chicken (cut into 4)
- 1 whole red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- A pinch of white pepper
- 1-inch galangal (tapped)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (tapped)
- 1 pack of bunjut soup
- 1/2 pack of soup spice
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tsp of sugar and salt
- Chicken stock cube
- 1 kg of potatoes
- Pinch of white pepper
- Parsley (finely chopped)
- Fried shallots
Ingredients: Spicy Soy Sauce
- 2 red chilies
- 15 red bird’s eye chilies
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- Sweet and salty soy sauces
Cooking methods: Chicken Soup
- Firstly, clean the chicken and boil in a pot filled with water.
- Add the bunjut soup, lemongrass and galangal.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Then, blend onion, garlic, ginger, white pepper, galangal and lemongrass.
- Heat up some oil and sauté the blended ingredients until fragrant in a separate pan.
- Add the soup spice powder and a half cup of water.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for a while before turning off the heat.
- Pour the sauteed spices into the pot containing the chicken soup.
- Add water and bring to a boil again.
- Add salt, sugar and chicken stock cube.
- When the chicken is tender, remove it from the pot and drain the water.
- Fry the chicken. (Note: Do not fry until crisp).
- Remove from heat and let the chicken cool aside.
- Once the chicken is cool, start shredding the flesh and discard the bones.
- Place the chicken flesh in a container.
Cooking methods: Bergedil
- Peel the potatoes skin and slice into rounds.
- Then, heat up some oil and fry the potatoes.
- Strain the excess oil and set them aside.
- Using the same oil, fry some anchovies and dried shrimp.
- Mash evenly the anchovies, dried shrimp and fried potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Leave to cool for a while before continue mixing all the ingredients well.
- Starts shaping into balls and flatten them slightly.
- Crack an egg in a separate container and beat until fluffy.
- Heat the oil and dip the Bergedil into the beaten egg.
- Fry until it changes color and pat dry the excess oil.
Cooking methods: Spicy Soy Sauce
- Heat oil and fry the shallots until crisp.
- Add the red chilies with the bird’s eye chilies and cook until they are wilted.
- Transfer the fried ingredients into a blender.
- Add soy sauce and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl.
Cooking method: Instant Ketupat
- Heat some water in a pot and boil the Ketupat until cooked.
- Then, toss the water and let them cool.
- Cut the Ketupat into cubes.
- Take some Ketupat and place them on a glass plate.
- Pour the gravy with the chicken flesh on top.
- Add on the Bergedil and a little spicy soy sauce.
- Soto Jawa is ready to eat. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Bunga Rose via Masak Apa Hari Ni.. (MAHN)
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi