Chicken rissole is one of the popular street foods in Indonesia. This dish is also loved by Malaysians who recreate it according to their preferences. Full of tasty chicken filling, the bread crumbs coating also makes the texture of this snack so crunchy on the outside. Sometimes, trying out different menu from another country never disappoints!
For those who want to try this Indonesian snack, let’s make it at home! Just follow this delicious Chicken Rissole recipe and you will definitely crave more. Good luck!
Indonesian Style Chicken Rissole Recipe
- 1 cup of chicken breast (diced)
- 1 whole red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk
- 1 whole potato (diced)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetable
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp of corn flour
Ingredients (Rissole Skin)
- 200 gm wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 40 gm corn oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- cooking oil (as needed)
- Filling: Pour in the cooking oil and saute garlic and red onion until fragrant.
- Next, add in diced chicken breast. Cook for a while.
- Add potato and mix vegetables. Cook until softened.
- Add fresh milk. Let them simmer until thickened.
- Season with salt, black pepper and add corn flour. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Rissole Skin: Mix wheat flour together with egg, corn oil, fresh milk, egg, salt and sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined and not lumpy.
- Then, apply cooking oil, scoop one ladle of the batter into the pan and let it cook on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and place the filling at the center. Fold the bottom, right, and left edges inward then roll them upward neatly.
- Dip rissole into the egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry at medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pat dry the excess oil.
- Indonesian Style Chicken Rissole is now ready to be served.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi