Tom Yum is commonly known as a soup kind of dish. However, this time we are sharing the fried and spicy version of this dish. You will definitely need more rice to go with it!
The special part of the dish is the fried chicken coated with spicy sauce. Take a look at the following recipe of Tom Yum Chicken by Mrs. Nurul Ateekah. Are you ready? Let’s get cooking!
Tom Yum Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (cleaned and cut)
- 5 tbsp of chili paste
- 1 or 2 tom yum paste (packet)
- 8 bird’s eyes chilies
- 1 lemongrass (cut diagonally)
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 whole tomato (cut into 6)
- 1 whole onion (cut into circles)
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 cm of galangal
- Carrot (Note: optional)
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Salt & sugar to taste
- Season a little turmeric and salt on the chicken, fry until cooked.
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and galangal using a little oil until fragrant and brown.
- Next, sauté the chili paste until cooked through and the oil breaks.
- Add tom yam paste, bird’s eyes chilies, oyster sauce and fish sauce.
- Add enough salt or seasoning powder and mix well.
- Finally, add the carrots, 1/2 cup of water and the fried chicken. Simmer for a few minutes until the gravy is slightly dry.
- Turn off the heat and ready to serve. Good luck!
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi