Tom Yum is commonly known as a soup kind of dish. However, this time we are sharing the fried and spicy version of this dish. You will definitely need more rice to go with it!
READ: Resepi Tomyam Campur Ala Thai | Thai-Style Mixed Tom Yum Soup Recipe
The special part of the dish is the fried chicken coated with spicy sauce. Take a look at the following recipe of Tom Yum Chicken by Mrs. Nurul Ateekah. Are you ready? Let’s get cooking!
Tom Yum Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (cleaned and cut)
- 5 tbsp of chili paste
- 1 or 2 tom yum paste (packet)
- 8 bird’s eyes chilies
- 1 lemongrass (cut diagonally)
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 whole tomato (cut into 6)
- 1 whole onion (cut into circles)
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 cm of galangal
- Carrot (Note: optional)
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Salt & sugar to taste
- Season a little turmeric and salt on the chicken, fry until cooked.
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and galangal using a little oil until fragrant and brown.
- Next, sauté the chili paste until cooked through and the oil breaks.
- Add tom yam paste, bird’s eyes chilies, oyster sauce and fish sauce.
- Add enough salt or seasoning powder and mix well.
- Finally, add the carrots, 1/2 cup of water and the fried chicken. Simmer for a few minutes until the gravy is slightly dry.
- Turn off the heat and ready to serve. Good luck!
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi