Fish soup is usually served for new moms after giving birth because it has the essential nutrients needed for recovery. Even so, today’s menu can be enjoyed by your whole family at any time of the day. Especially during rainy days, absolutely delicious!
So, how about trying this simple recipe of Red Snapper Soup from Dr. Kamarul Ariffin? The combination of sweet broth and different spices is exceptional. Serve with some hot rice or on its own, so good you don’t want to miss the last drop of soup!
Red Snapper Soup Recipe
- 1/2 fresh red snapper
- 6 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 stalks of bird’s eye chilies
- 1 tomato
- Ginger (thickly sliced)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 2 star anise
- A bit of salt and white pepper
- Cean red snapper with tamarind juice and salt.
- Then, heat the oil in a pan.
- Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and star anise until fragrant.
- Add the fish and pour 750ml of water.
- Simmer the fish for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
(Note: Can replace white pepper with black pepper).
- Add sliced tomatoes and bird’s eyes chilies.
- Cook until the boiling and turn off the heat.
- Red Snapper Soup is ready to be served. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Kamarul Ariffin Nor Sadan
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi