If you’re new to this, fret not because Apam Mekar or Apam Kukus consists of an easy recipe and basic ingredients. Only flour, sugar and egg! Other than the fluffy texture, this recipe also highlights the unique shape just like a real watermelon. Kids must be excited to eat this cute dessert!
This recipe can produce up to 10 pieces of apam depending on the mold’s size. Best served during tea-time, you can also make them as potluck desserts! So, let’s try this Apam Mekar Tembikai recipe now!
Apam Mekar Tembikai Recipe
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of castor sugar
- 1 egg (A)
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp of ovalette
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp of chocolate rice
- food coloring (red, green)
- Using a mixer, beat egg, castor sugar, vanilla essence, and ovalette until rising and fluffy.
- Add in flour and fresh milk. Mix well using the folding method.
- Then, take out parts of the batter into three bowls.
- Add green food coloring into one of the bowls, mix evenly and the other bowl remain white.
- For the remaining batter in the mixer, add red food coloring and mix evenly.
- Add in chocolate rice and mix again until everything is well combined.
- After that, scoop the red batter into the cupcake molds followed by the white batter in the center and finally the green batter on top.
- Finally, dip a toothpick into the green food coloring.
- Draw vertical and horizontal lines on top of the cupcakes to produce a watermelon pattern.
- Steam on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Apam Mekar Tembikai ready to be served.
youtube video link
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi