Palm sugar and pandan are two main ingredients that commonly used by Malay people to make a dessert. Starting from last year, it went viral when there were bakers selling this Pandan Palm Sugar Cake with Swiss Buttercream Frosting topping. Wow! The name itself shows the creamy taste of buttercream and the sweetness of palm sugar. If you have ever tasted it, you must know this mouth-watering dessert.
It may look simple, but in fact there are some tips that can be used to make this delicious cake. Let’s follow the recipe below. It’s also perfect to be enjoyed during teatime with your loved ones!
Pandan Palm Sugar Cake And Swiss Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Ingredients (Pandan Cake)
- 25o gm canola oil
- 160 gm castor sugar
- 4 nos eggs (grade A)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 300 gm self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml pandan juice (5 strands pandan leaves+100 ml water)
- 1 tsp of pandan essence
- Green food coloring (as needed)
Ingredients (Palm Sugar Sauce)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 100 gm palm sugar
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 strand pandan leaves (knotted)
- 1/2 tbsp of cornflour
Ingredients (Swiss Buttercream)
- 4 nos eggs white (grade A)
- 120 gm castor sugar
- 370 gm butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp of palm sugar sauces
- Cake: Beat canola oil, eggs, and castor sugar until fluffy and pale in color.
- Add in vanilla essence and pandan essence. Then, beat until well-combined.
- Sieve self-raising flour and baking powder. Then, mix everything using the folding method.
- Pour in coconut milk and pandan juice into the batter. Mix all well and pour the batter into cake mold that has been layered with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and chill the cake for while.
- Palm Sauce: While using medium heat, put palm sugar into the pot.
- Put knotted pandan leaves and coconut milk together. Cook until palm sugar dissolve.
- Mix all well and add in cornflour. Then, cook until thicken.
- Swiss Buttercream: Heat up sugar and egg white into the pot.
- Then, beat the solution until becomes slightly fluffy and add in butter.
- Beat all ingredients. Lastly, add in essence vanilla and palm sugar sauce.
- Beat all well and put 1/3 of swiss buttercream into piping beg.
- Then, slice the cake into three layers and layer each of it with swiss buttercream.
- Pipe swiss buttercream around and on top of the cake and drizzles it with palm sugar sauce around the cake.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut flakes and green sugar in the middle on top of the cake surface.
- Pandan Palm Sugar Cake with Swiss Buttercream Frosting is ready to be served.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi