Red Velvet Cake is one of the popular desserts that is very unique in terms of taste and color. Actually, not many people know that this cake has a special ingredient that will make it’s texture fluffier and helps to brighten up the red colour. Its’s vinegar!
Nowadays, red velvet cake is widely sold in any bakery shop but the price can reach until hundreds depending on it’s size. If you want to save more money, why not just bake it at home? Just follow the simple steps based on the recipe below. Happy baking !
Red Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of soda bicarbonate
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of corn oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 nos eggs
- 1 tbsp of red food coloring
- 1 tbsp of essence vanilla
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 cup of buttermilk (1 cup of fresh milk+2 tbsp of vinegar)
Ingredients (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 200 gm cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 250 gm butter
Cooking methods (Cake)
- Beat corn oil, sugar, and eggs using a mixer until well combined.
- Add in red coloring and essence vanilla. Beat well.
- Add in buttermilk and stir for while.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Mix all well.
- Pour in hot water and vinegar into the batter. Stir the batter to combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake tray and bake for 35-40 minutes at 170°c
Cooking methods (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Put into pipping beg. Set aside.
- Slice cake into three layers and keep left-over cake for decoration.
- Crumble the left-over cake and set aside.
- Pipe cream cheese frosting on the first layer and double with another slice.
- Pipe more cream cheese frosting and coat to all parts. Flatten the cream and chill the cake for 20 minutes.
- Decorate it based on your creativity and the red velvet cake is ready to be served.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi