The Chicken Rice menu is so popular and common among Malaysians. What makes it so special is the tasty chicken complimented with refreshing soup, soy sauce and spicy sambal. Yummy!
All the elements are important to produce a bowl of perfect chicken rice. If you are new to this, fret not! Just follow this easy recipe of Roasted Chicken Rice With Spicy Sambal by Afy Al Habibi. Suitable for a meal of 5 or 6 people.
Roasted Chicken Rice Recipe
Ingredients: Chicken Soup
- 2 litre of water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- White pepper powder, salt (Note: To taste)
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 pack of fish balls (Note: you can use other kinds of fishballs)
- Scallions and fried shallots (Note: For garnishing)
Cooking methods: Chicken Soup
- Heat 2 litres of water in a pot and add the chicken stock cube.
- Add white pepper powder, salt to taste and ginger.
- Wait until boiling and add the chicken into the pot.
- After 10-15 minutes or the chicken is already half-cooked, remove and toss in a container.
- The soup is simmered for a while by adding fish balls as an additional ingredient in the soup.
- Sprinkle with fried shallots and sliced scallions while serving.
- 1 ladle of margarine
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 pandan leaves (knotted)
- 1 lemongrass (tapped)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups of rice
- Turmeric powder
Cooking methods: Rice
- Heat a pot with margarine instead of oil and add ginger, pandan leaves, lemongrass and sugar.
- Add the cleaned rice and stir-fry for a while before putting it in the rice cooker.
- Add enough soup and a pinch of turmeric powder to produce a yellow color.
- Cover the pot and leave. Add a little margarine when the rice is almost cooked for a rich and fragrant taste.
Ingredients: Roast Chicken
- 1 whole chicken that has been boiled and tossed
- 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of black pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
Cooking methods: Roast Chicken
- Coat the chicken with dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, black pepper sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Then, cook in an air fryer or oven until crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside.
- After cooked, remove and cut the chicken into small portions to serve.
Ingredients: Spicy Sambal
- 5 stalks of red chilies
- 2 stalks of bird’s eyes chilies
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 whole pickled garlic
- 2 tbsp of pickled garlic juice
Cooking methods: Spicy Sambal
- Blend all the ingredients until slightly smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan to cook so that it lasts longer.
- Add two tablespoons of Thai chili sauce.
- Cook for a while over medium heat. (Note: There is no need to add salt and sugar because all the ingredients have a complete taste)
Ingredients: Soy Sauce
- 1 ladle of light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of normal soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of oyster sauce
Cooking methods: Soy Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a pot and heat for a while with a little of the chicken soup.
- Stir and wait until boiling. Turn off the heat and ready to serve. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Afy Al Habibi via Masak Apa Hari Ni
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi