Seafood is usually so expensive because they are much harder to get and process. Especially when you eat in restaurants. So, how about saving some money and try this Chilli Crab recipe at home?
Chilli Crab is one of the most popular menus in Chinese restaurants. Originated from Singapore, the sweet and spicy combination of the sauce is totally mouth-watering! Check out the following recipe shared by Mrs Fara Amirullah. Comes with tips on how to cut the fishy taste using lemon!
Chilli Crab Recipe
- 2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 15 stalks of dried chillies (blended)
- 5 stalks of red bird’s eye chillies (blended)(Note: The quantity of chilli according to the level of spiciness you want)
- A bit of fermented shrimp paste aka belacan (blended)
- 2 tbsp of chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp of seafood sauce
- 1 egg
- Black pepper powder
- White pepper powder
- Corn flour
- 4 Mud Crab (Nota: You can use any type of crabs)
- Firstly, blend the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Then, sauté the blended ingredients in hot oil.
- Once fragrant, add dried chillies, red bird’s eye chillies, a little belacan that have been blended together.
- Be sure to sauté until the chillies are properly cooked.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of seafood sauce.
- Season with some black pepper powder and white pepper powder.
- Next, add the crab and a little bit of water. (Note: Crabs are washed clean with lemon water).
- Cover the pan and increase the heat.
- Wait for 5 to 7 minutes to make sure the crabs are properly cooked.
- Add the egg and stir quickly so that all the crabs are coated evenly.
- Chili Crab ready to be served. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Fara Amirullah via Masak Apa Hari Ni.. (MAHN)
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi