Ayam Geprek is a special menu that originated from Indonesia. The best thing about this dish is the combination of flavourful fried chicken with spicy Sambal Gesek on top. Plus, the chicken texture is crispy on the outside and so juicy on the inside!
READ: Easy Spiced Chicken, Best Budget Recipe You Don’t Want To Miss
The spiciness of the sambal is something you cannot miss. Super addictive! Therefore, how about making this menu for lunch with your family this weekend? Don’t worry, the steps are simple and you will definitely nail the following recipe shared by Dr. Kamarul Ariffin.
Ayam Geprek Recipe
Ingredients: Fried Chicken
- Chicken (leg part)
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 1 tbsp of paprika powder
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
Ingredients: Sambal Gesek
- 2 red chilies
- 5 bird’s eyes chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- A bit of salt and sugar
- 2 Kaffir limes
Cooking methods: Fried Chicken
- Firstly, clean the chicken.
- Then, mix wheat flour, corn flour, paprika powder, turmeric powder, cumin and salt.
- Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- After that, dip the chicken in cold water.
(Note: You can replace with egg mixture).
- Coat again the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken for 10 minutes.
- When the chicken turns brown, lift and toss it.
Cooking methods: Sambal Gesek
- Fry red chilies, bird’s eyes chilies, garlic and cashew nuts in hot oil for a while.
- Then, pound and scrape the fried ingredients.
(Note: Not until smooth).
- Season with salt, sugar and a little sesame oil.
- Stir well and squeeze the lime on top.
- Place the fried chicken on a glass plate.
- Add Sambal Gesek on top.
- Ayam Geprek is ready to be served. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Kamarul Ariffin Nor Sadan
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi