Most people have their own ‘family recipe’ when it comes to rendang. This time, how about introducing a special recipe from Indonesia to your plate? Uniquely, this rendang uses bird’s eye chilies as the main ingredient to deliver the ultimate spiciness. Fuh, be prepared for some heat!
If you are a spicy food lover, you should definitely give this Rendang Ayam Minang recipe a try. Not just plain rice, it is also a perfect combo with Ketupat or Lemang! Good luck!
Rendang Ayam Minang Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 whole shallots
- 4 whole onion
- 7-8 cloves garlic
- 2 inch turmeric
- 2 inch galangal
- 2 inch ginger
- 4 stalk of lemongrass
- 10 stalk green bird’s eye chili
- 5 tbsp of chili paste
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 turmeric leaves (thinly sliced)
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- 50 gm toasted coconut paste aka kerisik
- 50 ml water
- salt (to taste)
- 1 dried tamarind slice
- Finely blend garlic, onions, shallots, green bird’s eye chili, galangal, lemongrass, ginger, with oil and a little bit of water.
- Pour the blended ingredients into a pan and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Then, add chili paste and cook until the oil begins to separate.
- Add in kaffir lime leaves and sliced turmeric leaves. Stir well.
- Add in dried tamarind slice.
- Next, add the chicken. Bring to simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Finally, add in toasted coconut paste and coconut milk. Stir well until everything is combined and the gravy becomes a bit dry.
- Remove from heat and serve Rendang Ayam Minang with Nasi Impit or Lemang.
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi