Eating the same menu throughout Raya must be boring, right? Even chicken curry looks rather plain. So how about try to make this Sambal Paru, it will definitely satisfy your need for an exceptional menu!
If you prefer the beef lungs to be chewy and moist, just boil them. But, if you want it to be crispy, a frying process is a must! Worry not, the ingredients and steps are so easy and quick. The following recipe from Mr. Luqman will never let you down. Happy cooking!
Crispy Sambal Paru Recipe
- 1 kg of beef lungs (boiled)
- 5 stalks of dried chilies
- 2-3 red onions
- Chilli paste
- Chicken stock powder
- Tamarind juice
- Fermented shrimp paste (belacan)
- Siamese dipping sauce
- Kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Holland onions (sliced round)
- Once the lungs are boiled, dry completely to prevent popping during the frying process.
- Coat with turmeric, curry spice and a pinch of salt.
- Then, fry with the dried chilies until crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and chilli paste with chicken stock powder instead of salt.
- Pour the mixture of tamarind juice and fermented shrimp paste into the pan and stir well.
- Next, add some Siamese dipping sauce for a balanced sweet and spicy taste.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves and the fried lungs.
- Then, add some sweet soy sauce so that the color becomes nicely dark.
- Finally, add some Holland onions and stir evenly. Turn off the fire.
- Crispy Sambal Paru is ready to be served. Good luck!
Source: Facebook Wan Luqman via MasakApaHariNi
SUBSCRIBE Youtube Untuk Lebih Banyak Video Resepi